Sunday 10 March 2013

Checking in

This weekend has mainly consisted of food since the girls I lived with in London came to stay, and that's pretty much what we do whenever we're together. Since they left I've been working on my colours, matching the shades I picked out with the tones of the Holoholo colours from the website. The results of which you can see below:



I'm quite impressed with myself (not to toot my own flute) for getting to grips with basic digital design, considering I was so phobic of it since the days my A-level art teacher used to make us apply Photoshop filters to photographs before painting them. The days of "graphic pen" still haunt me! I shouldn't be mean though as Robbo gave me the most important chance of my 'artistic career' - letting me onto the A Level fine art course with no art & design GCSE to speak of. He helped make me who I am today and I'll be eternally grateful!

On the subject of digital design, I'm becoming more inclined to invest in a Wacom tablet to aid the process, as trackpads aren't the best for doing fiddly things. They're not too expensive for a small one, but the fact that I hate parting with money isn't helping. (That printer I was talking about a few weeks ago...? Still in the shop.) I know it would be useful so I might get on Amazon and purchase one while the thought is fresh. I find it easier to spend money online rather than in a store, am I the only one? Slowly drip-feeding my studio with things I need (as I have been doing) is probably the best way the get fully equipped, as long as I don't get round to totalling up what I've spent... That would never do! Hope everyone's weekend has been smashing. Enjoy the last few hours of Sunday (and week 10 of 2013!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, it's great to hear from you!