Friday 18 January 2013

Snow Day

I thought I might take this snowy evening as an opportunity to introduce the designs for my first print collection, since there's very little chance I'll be leaving the house again this evening.

The collection is called 'Omens', and is based upon symbols of good luck. I definitely need a little luck at the moment, and who doesn't really?! Except maybe the Kardashians. I've so far done several preliminary drawings and have started transferring them to blocks of lino to print with. It's a bit of a trial and error process, but is becoming easier with time as I learn what kind of shapes and lines do and don't work on the lino when printing. It's easiest just to show what I've been up to through photographs really, so...



















That's it for now, but I'll be hard at work over the next few days since I can't get into work (yay), so I should have some more to reveal soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, it's great to hear from you!