Monday 3 November 2014

Cold Monday


All image sources can be found via For Mondays on Pinterest.

Is it just me or did it get really cold all of a sudden? Apologies for the lack of posts over the last week, life has been mildly chaotic and while I've spent a fair few hours in the studio, I just didn't get the time to blog about what's been going on. After a really positive meeting with my business mentor last week, I've had a bit of a kick up the you-know-what and have managed to hone in on the packaging side of things which has for so long been a headache. It seems the cotton and jute bags that I acquired samples of are not going to be as good a solution as small boxes, so it's back to the supplier list to order some final samples and hopefully get the packaging section of the to-do list all wrapped up (if you'll pardon the pun).

Next on the agenda is the pattern for our shell top which has been giving me some gyp in the sleeve cap department... turns out the sloper we started out with was a little off meaning there was far too much ease in the pattern. Not to worry though, it's massively helpful to learn how to deal with these problems early on. Reminds me of a magazine I used to get as a child called 'Learning is Fun' - 15 years later it couldn't be more true! I digress. Time to get back to that pesky sleeve cap and get it fitting like a glove. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, it's great to hear from you!